I love bucket lists. Always have, always will. I’m drawn to movies like The Bucket List with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson and books such as Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski. My list wasn’t called a bucket list but something more like the ultimate goal list. Then the movie came out and changed a lot of people’s thoughts about travel list making. Through various books and websites, I learned to be specific with my items like “See polar bears in the wild in Alaska” versus only go to Bali. Being specific with your list and sometimes putting more of a timeline on it causes you to attempt achievement of goals a little quicker. Make your list come true.
11 travelers and travel bloggers have joined me today to share their top 5 Bucket List items.
Nicoleta @ The Bonfire Dream
- Hike the Salcantay Trail to Machu Picchu
- Skydive over Interlake, Switzerland
- Visit Japan during sakura
- Climb the Mt Kilimanjaro
- Go on a fancy cruise for a month
Odoardo @ Queidue
As I am moving to Cambodia early in 2016, the whole bucket list for 2016 is focused on that country:
- See dawn and sunset at Angkor Wat temples.
- Sail the Mekong river.
- Visit the S-21 prison in Phnom Penh where almost twenty-thousands prisoners were killed by the Khmer Rouge.
- Ride the bamboo-train in Battambang.
- Explore the idyllic islands of Cambodia.
Shanti @ A Wanderphile
- Climb Mt Warning, near Byron Bay in NSW, Australia at sunrise
- Go to a yoga retreat and practise on the beach every day for a month or so
- Eat some delicious Sacher Torte in Vienna, Austria
- Walk the Queen Charlotte Track in the Marlborough Sounds of New Zealand
- Go to as many Christmas Markets as possible in Europe next year!!
Katja @ Katja Vs World
- Visit Macchu Picchu and take a selfie with a llama at the top
- Do a night skydive and/or a night bungee jump
- Kayak at the bioluminescent bay in Puerto Rico
- Do a quokka selfie
- Visit 10 new countries this year
Chantell @ Adoration 4 adventure
- Backpack through Central America and swim with the whale sharks in Belize
- Live in a European country for a year
- Spend a month in Portugal, taking Portuguese lessons and become fluent
- Travel to every country in Europe (I have done most of Western Europe already!)
- Visit the continents of Africa and Antarctica, so I have been to all 7 continents of the world
Vicki @ Make Time to See the World
- Para-glided off a mountain in Courcheval, part of the Three Valleys ski area in France (April 2011)
- Scuba Dived with Bull Sharks in open water at Sail Rock between Koh Tao and Koh Phangan in Thailand (September 2012)
- Helicopter Ride with Glacier Landing in Auckland, New Zealand (August 2014)
- Go on an African safari starting at Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and traveling through Botswana, Namibia and South Africa, ending in Johannesburg – which I will be starting in August 2016.
- Cage Dive with Great White Sharks in Cape Town, South Africa – will be doing in so in September 2016.
Amirah @ Mimi’s World
- Relaxing in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland
- Visiting the Great Wall of China
- Machu Picchu in Peru
- Santorini, Greece (beaches and food, need I say more!!)
- South Africa: Johannesburg (apartheid museum) AND Capetown (visit Robben Island and Table Mountain)
Dannea @ Top Loading for Life
- Go to Japan and visit Ghibli Museum and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) in particular
- Experience the Aurora Borealis in Scotland
- Bungee jump in New Zealand
- Do volunteer work with elephants in India
- Sail on a Gulet in Turkey
Lotte @ Phenomenal Globe
- Hike the 9 Great Walks of New Zealand… I would love to do all these hikes, New Zealand is so gorgeous and I love getting out into nature and exploring places you cannot reach other than by foot
- Go to Iceland and dive between the tectonic plates
- Hop on a live aboard in Thailand to fulfill my dream over diving with whalesharks
- Visit Cuba before it’s changed
- Fly in a helicopter. Preferably in New Zealand as well, but just flying in a helicopter seems awesome:-)
My name is Lotte, born and raised in the Netherlands but trying to explore as much of the world as possible despite having a full-time job. I lived in Barcelona, London and Amsterdam and up until now visited 29 countries. In 2015 a lifelong dream came true: a 5-month trip around the world, it was the best thing I have ever done! Travel changed me, it made me reconsider my priorities and made me value different things in life… That is the reason I creating Phenomenal Globe Travel Blog: To inspire other people to travel and help them plan these trips. Happy travels!
April @ April and Summer
- See Cherry Blossoms in Japan
- Climb Mt. Fuji in Japan
- Visit Hong Kong
- Witness the Lantern Festival in Thailand
- Join Thailand’s Full Moon Party in Koh Pha Ngan Island
Tamar @ Portjam & Co.
Ever since watching an episode of Northern Exposure back in the 90s, I’ve wanted to experience the midnight sun (they were going a little crazy due to the 24hrs of sunlight!). It’s been on my bucket list for years, as has running (and completing!) a marathon. Last year, I was chatting with a friend about her recent travels and she told me about completing the Midnight Sun marathon in Trømso, Norway. The run takes place closer to midnight and you get to enjoy the Northern Norwegian landscape lit up by the midnight sun. So now, completing the Midnight Sun marathon is my “two birds with one stone” bucket list item! This may happen this June! *fingers crossed*
Have you been to any of these places? I hope they have inspired you to add more places to your list or pick up a pen and create your own list.
Next week, another list of bloggers share their top five.